Commercial Collections Lawyers in PA
When a creditor provides goods or services to consumers, they rightfully expect the consumer to uphold their end of the bargain and make payments as required. Unfortunately, not all debtors do. Some may skirt their financial obligations, affecting the creditors' business operations. Fortunately, creditors can seek to recover outstanding debts by pursuing various collections methods. Still, trying to collect from a debtor can prove challenging, as certain laws and regulations must be followed.
Creditors do not have to deal with the hassle of collecting debts on their own. An attorney can help. At Weisberg Law, our commercial collections lawyers in Philadelphia are devoted to assisting secured creditors in collecting outstanding balances while protecting their rights under the law. Our clients trust us to recover the amount due from those who owe incurred debts. We work tirelessly to pursue just resolutions and to protect creditors' rights from start to finish.
About Our Legal Services
Our commercial collections attorneys pride themselves on recovering debts owed to secured creditors throughout the Philadelphia area.
We help our clients pursue several methods of recovery, including the following:
- Pre-litigation recovery: One of the first steps in collecting debts is sending a demand letter to the debtor. The notice should include information about the debt owed. In some cases, the letter can spur debtors into action, compelling compliance with repayment agreements without having to go to court.
- Collection litigation: Not all collections matters can be settled outside the courtroom. Some must be litigated. If a collection lawsuit advances, the collector must prove that the person being sued owes the debt, the amount sought is accurate, and that the creditor has the right to pursue the debt.
- Judgment domestication and enforcement: A collector might have been successful in obtaining a judgment in court but face difficulties when trying to recover that judgment. If the decision were made outside of Pennsylvania, the judgment must be domesticated before it can be enforceable here. After a judgment is made in favor of the collector, the collector may seek to enforce it through methods like asset seizure.
We're here to help you obtain what's rightfully yours by collecting various types of debt, including:
- Commercial Debt
- Secured Debt
- Insurance Subrogation
- Creditor Bankruptcy
- Equipment Loans
The Benefits of Obtaining a Commercial Collections Attorney
Although a creditor might have the right to collect on outstanding balances, consumers also have various protections to prevent unfair or harassing collections practices. Creditors must ensure that they adhere to the law when seeking recovery.
For instance, they must:
- Only call debtors during certain hours,
- Communicate only with authorized parties, and
- Refrain from making false statements.
If a creditor fails to comply with the laws and regulations, the debtor could report issues to the FTC or the Pennsylvania Attorney's General Office. They may also file a lawsuit against the creditor to recover compensation for damages suffered because of the creditor's unlawful practices.
At Weisberg Law, our commercial collections attorneys in Philadelphia take care that our chosen strategy is in compliance with current laws and regulations, including the Federal and State Consumer Protection Laws and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Get Legal Help with Your Collections Efforts
Because each client's situation is unique, we pride ourselves on employing unique and practical strategies to assist every client on a case-by-case basis. You can count on our skilled commercial collections lawyers to help seek the payments you're due from those who owe outstanding debts.
With their constant never-ending support, they got justice for me.
“They helped me get my life back. I will always remember how empowered I felt after I testified and when the case was over (in my favor!).”
They get the job DONE!!
“These guys were totally professional. When no one would take my legal malpractice case, they did and won!”
Helped make a change for the better in our community.
“Weisberg Law was the only firm that took an interest in our racial discrimination case against a local school district.”
Takes an interest and makes changes!
“Had it not been for their taking the case, we would not have been able to enforce changes in our school and community to better protect our children.”
Goes above and beyond what is expected.
“In a 10-minute conversation with Matthew, after being referred to him by a friend, he had given me peace of mind.”