Business Fraud Attorneys in Philadelphia
Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey
Fighting for Business Owners & Consumers since 2005
As experienced legal professionals dedicated to preserving the interests of businesses and small-business professionals, many of our core areas of practice are interwoven. Because we represent clients in areas involving consumer protection – such as protection from real estate fraud, mortgage fraud, and other financial fraud – our familiarity with these issues enables us to provide diligent representation to small-business professionals encountering similar challenges to their business operations.
At Weisberg Law, we know that fraudulent misrepresentation and other types of business fraud can significantly interfere with the success and longevity of a business. If you or your business has fallen victim to fraudulent practices involving other sellers, real estate lenders, franchisers, or other individuals, consult with our experienced Philadelphia business fraud lawyers at Weisberg Law. We are dedicated to providing sound legal advice and zealous representation in disputes arising from corporate or business fraud.
Contact us online or reach us directly at (610) 550-8042 to talk about your situation with an attorney from Weisberg Law who may be able to help. Our initial consultations are complimentary – you owe us nothing for asking about how we can help.
Recover Losses Suffered from Business Fraud
Our business fraud practice focuses on recovering losses suffered by businesses or consumers in cases of fraud. In business fraud cases involving contract disputes, we pursue additional compensation for damages related to the anticipated profits lost as a result of a contract breach.
Business fraud cases we are experienced at handling typically involve:
- Fraudulent bookkeeping practices: Weisberg Law investigates claims involving "cooked books," accounting fraud, embezzlement, or misappropriation of corporate funds. Our experience in handling these complex financial issues enables us to trace financial origins and identify instances of intermixing corporate assets with personal assets, embezzlement of company funds, or other asset mismanagement.
- Insurance bad faith: Our attorneys seek specific performance of insurance contracts when an insurance company refuses to cover business losses from fire, flood, theft, or other covered liabilities.
- Intentional interference (tortious interference): We represent businesses that have lost business opportunities, repeat clientele, and pivotal employees as a result of the interference of another business or individual. We handle claims involving interruption of business relationships/stealing clients, intentional interference with current contractual relationships or pending contract opportunities, stealing employees, breach of non-compete/exclusivity agreements, and other intentional interference.
- Breach of contract: While we have the experience to handle routine breach of contract disputes such as partnership disputes and lease disputes, we focus on handling contract disputes involving misrepresentations or false promises where nonperformance of the terms of the contract was intentional or fraudulent. A significant portion of our business fraud practice involves breach of contract claims involving failure to pay for or provide goods or services as promised.
- Other fraudulent practices: We represent businesses that have suffered losses as a result of fraudulent lending/predatory lending, malicious or frivolous litigation, corporate directors' or officers' breach of fiduciary duty, and other business and commercial disputes.
Our business fraud attorneys in Philadelphia also represent consumers who have fallen victim to the unscrupulous practices of businesses in this area. We represent consumers in business fraud cases involving malicious or frivolous claims, SLAPP claims (strategic lawsuits against public participation), and other business fraud affecting consumers.
Contact Us for Your Business Fraud Challenges
For more information about our professional services or to protect your interests in a business fraud matter, schedule a free consultation with a skilled trial lawyer at Weisberg Law.