Gary Schafkopf is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He has been admitted pro hac vice or appeared as out of state counsel in many other jurisdictions including Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, and New York.
Gary focuses his practice on complex business and civil litigation matters. He has successfully litigated, arbitrated, and/or negotiated complex litigation matters leading to the recovery of millions of dollars for his clients. Gary's combination of legal knowledge and extensive business experience is invaluable when tackling complex financial matters and in settlement negotiations, where financial knowledge and negotiation skills are essential.
He has built a reputation for negotiating settlements even between over-contentious parties. While attending four settlement conferences in one week, Gary settled two Federal Court cases on the same day and a total of four cases in that one week.
Gary has lectured and trained attorneys throughout the country on the art of negotiation. Prior to becoming an attorney, he owned and operated a series of successful businesses.
Gary prides himself on his hands-on approach to client representation. He has also advised and/or worked with international clients and companies, including those from or in China, Egypt, India, Israel, Kuwait, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
He has attained both a business administration degree in finance from La Salle University and a Juris Doctor degree from Widener University.
- Business and Corporate Transactions
- Business Divorce
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Consumer Fraud and Protection
- Creditor's Rights
- Employment Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Mortgage Foreclosure Defense
- Real Estate Litigation and Transactions
- Wrongful Termination
Gary routinely provides representation to:
- Auto Dealerships
- Financial Service and Investment Brokers
- General Merchandise Companies
- Insurance Brokers
- Real Estate Companies and Investors
- Startup companies
- Victims of Civil Rights Abuse, Fraud, and Negligence
- Pennsylvania, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania,
- New Jersey, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, DE, J.D., 1999
- La Salle University, Philadelphia, Pa., B.A., 1985